I hope you are AS excited as I am!
Let's get started!
(Bookmark this page in case you need to reference it again).
**Reminder I can't move onto the design phase until assignments 1-3 are completed.**
Sign up with Asana
Asana is a project management tool. I will add you to your project schedule with milestones such as review dates, feedback deadlines and final launch date. All parties will be notified via e-mail when something is due soon or has been completed. We can also have conversations in Asana rather than email. I have the Asana app so me responding you via Asana will most likely be quicker than e-mail.
The questionnaire gives me a better idea of your business goals. It also gives me the start in understanding your design style. Do tell all! Getting specific details helps me create something that best matches your business This sets the foundation in creating your story and planning for strategic marketing. Hopefully thinking about the answers will also give you a clearer idea of your business purpose.
The branding questionnaire will be sent to you through 17hats once the contract and payment plan has been agreed upon.
This part is so much fun it won't even feel like homework!
- Create a Pinterest board.
- Name it, Client Work - Your Name
- Add me as a collaborator by using my email email@example.com
- Collect at least 30-40 photos.
- Your board should give a feeling of what your business is about. Use the 5 adjectives asked in the questionnaire, "List at least 5 adjectives that describe your business?" Also think of this question,"How do you want your clients to perceive your company? Think of the kind of experience your customer has when using your products or services."
- Choose colors, logos, and fonts that appeal to you. A good way is to use search words: "color palette" and for logos use your 5 adjectives, like "feminine logos" or "modern logos".
- Under each image in the description write why you chose it.
- I like to tell people if they were going to have a grand opening of their business or have an office/boutique, what would be your ideal setting? Is it fancy? Does it have vintage furniture? Is it all pinks and purples? ...It's your world, make it amazing.
When completed check it off on your project task in Asana and I will be notified.
*Four examples of boards below.
Have fun doing this assignment!
Dropbox or Google Drive to store content
Create a folder in Dropbox or Google Drive. This is where you will keep all your content, rather than me having to go through threads of emails. Content includes, images and text documents. If you are scheduling a photo shoot, be aware of the deadline of when you need to have your website content to me in Asana.
When completed share the folder with me, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website content guide
I use the website content guide to help you come up with content. In combination with the questionnaire I also use it to organize the content on your website.
SAVE THE PDF TO YOUR DESKTOP FIRST. Open it from your desktop, type, save and send. You will not be able to save all the hard work you have done if you answer the questions in the web browser.
When completed add the pdf to your content folder (in dropbox or google drive).